Hello Summer

So, it's Summer again. Readers of this blog will know that the summer fills me with joy! It doesn't matter about the weather or what we get up to, just the feeling of having free time and being able to cuddle the children when I like is enough...although the odd bonus nap is always appreciated too!

We have been lucky this year in that family members have treated us to several weekends away - Centre Parcs (my goodness, I was excited!) and a lovely stable conversion in Ross-on-Wye - so I don't really feel like we're missing out by not going away for weeks on end, despite all the hotdog leg pictures on Facebook! (Ok, maybe I am a bit jealous).  What we are doing is spending a very exciting week in London being total tourists.  

We are staying in Greenwich, house sitting for my Sister-in-Law whilst she is away (not that she really needs us to!).  From such a fantastic location we should be able to get out and about without having to make sure we get back in time to catch the last train.  So far I have booked Buckingham Palace, a free visit to the Sky Garden and a couple of tickets to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  We have also used our Clubcard vouchers to get money off at Hampton Court Palace, The Globe Theatre and The London Bridge Experience.  Writing that down already seems quite a lot but we will also do some of the museums and of course, take afternoon tea somewhere (I hear the Fan Museum is very good).  My aim is to find some of the more 'secret' parts of London but I'm not sure we will definitely squeeze it in - anyone with a young family knows, plenty of rest time is also important!  

I'll be writing about some of our adventures on here - hoping to find the bargains and provide tips for other families too (don't forget to look at my CBeebiesLand post if you're heading there this Summer) and generally sharing the Summer joy 

So, whatever you are doing, wherever you are going, enjoy yourselves and have a great summer x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Biscuits

Mr Birks has Cancer

Christmas Bakes 2012