Crafty Creatives Box 63

It is a long time since I subscribed to the Crafty Creatives boxes, mainly because I was struggling to craft and commit to my full time job (I know which I'd rather do!).  So it was with excitement that I jumped at the chance to review a subscription box when I saw the opportunity on Twitter.  The boxes have changed since I last received one but I was still full of excitement when I saw the following tape on a big brown package.


What spoilt the surprise of what was inside was the other picture on the box which revealed the kit inside.  I say spoilt but of course it didn't really, I was excited to see what the little felt creatures would look like and what the kit would contain.  Plus who can be disappointed with craft stuff arriving through the post and with the added bonus that everything you need is inside, with nice clear designs.


I started the kit a few days later at 'Craft Club' - our attempt at work to relax and catch up once a week during lunchtime.  Everyone liked the look of the kit and loved the idea of a craft subscription service which is of course, the genius of Crafty Creatives.  I finished the cute mushroom fairly quickly and to add an even more autumnal feel, added some dried lavender whilst stuffing (a donation from another Craft Club member).  I realise lavender is considered a bit of an 'old lady' smell but apparently it is very good for aiding sleep, so the finished garland might end up in a bedroom.


Unfortunately, after stuffing the mushroom I realised that I had forgotten to attach the ribbon for hanging it onto the garland, which was a bit frustrating.  However, I will probably stitch it to the back of the mushroom or make more of a feature of it by adding a bow.

Overall CCBox 63 is a cute, quick and satisfyingly do-able kit.  The felt is of nice quality and the animal designs are different to other images you might find online.  I felt the embroidery floss was not as good quality, it was quite hard to separate into strands and knotted easily but there was a generous amount of stuffing and I enjoyed the task - I do love a bit of blanket stitch!  I will definitely be re-subscribing to Crafty Creatives , although I am tempted to have a look at the PaperHaul or BeadHaul boxes - who knows I might have a go at all three!  Of course before then, the Christmas box will be out, so I'll be putting my name down for that sharpish!

The finished product should look like this:


But it might take me a few more weeks at Craft Club to complete!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princess Biscuits

Mr Birks has Cancer

Christmas Bakes 2012